Thursday 21 May 2009

Zee History.

After quitting WoW nearly a year ago, I did so because the people I played with weren't the same anymore. I was a core member in a guild, which was there from the beginning of the server, way back when The Burning Crusade didn't even exist. After raiding many nights in Molten Core, Zul'Gurub and AQ20, TBC did come out. After some drama, the guild exploded, I moved to another, got kicked out because of guild politics (might post that again sometime) and my guild reformed. The guild was as awesome as it always was.

We toppled Karazhan, we smoked out Gruul and then the Sunwell patch hit. I was one of the people that found that PvE and PvP wasn't equal. PvP would get equal gear by just being away from keyboard in Altarac Valley. The same was true for Badge Gear. Especially the 'new' gear, which would just have been farmed by everyone and it was. So I quit, mainly because I did go through all of the raiding to get my items. I couldn't stand the people showing off their epics, especially because they didn't mean anything in TBC.

After a long while, I was itching to play WoW again. In the meanwhile, my guild had merged with another, got new people and old people on new spots. The only way I could join the guild that I had played with for over 2 years was as a healer. Okay, fine. But the Shaman CL, someone who I have been friends with in the past, only wanted to control the way I played. He would keep on ranting about theorycrafting, while I just want to play the game and get on with it.

The fact that I was picking up shiny loot from Black Temple, Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep wasn't much solace though.
So when my laptop broke and I couldn't play WoW, I decided that I wouldn't return once it was fixed. After a while, Wrath of the Lich King came out and I found myself following the news around it, even though I didn't play WoW anymore.

After watching my little brother raid on his server, I wanted to go play again. Not to play with his guild, but to give my brother and my friends that he is playing with a chance to raid properly.
We decided to make our own guild. And to be just as awesome.

So now I'm waiting to transfer my Shaman. Playing with a Death Knight on an alien server just isn't the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment